Food!  

Sunday, July 17, 2011

I love food. Denise loves food. I love to cook, Denise, not so much.

Last night I was craving something sweet like strawberry tart or pie. I had some left over phyllo pastry.... And I kept thinking, strawberry galet.

That is sort of what I made last night. I cut a cup and a half strawberries into a pot, threw in some sugar, heated to a boil, then tossed in some cornstarch n' water and stirred till thickened.

I had already had the other two cups berries cut and in the pastry, and threw a few slivered almonds and a drizzle of maple syrup on top. Then added the hot mixture.

Popped that into a over heated to 350* for 30 minutes. It was really good. Especially as I didn't measure anything. Yay me!

- Melina


- posted while I'm ruling my own media empire!

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


1 comments: to “ Food!

 

Layout by Amanda @ Blogger Buster - Graphics by Rowan Tree Design