Vacay Aftermath - Scariest Thing I Have Ever Done!  

Thursday, November 15, 2012

There is a feeling you get after a great vacation, a sense that you can conquer the world. This is especially true when you feel like you have to wear a costume to go to work, and vacation is a time when you can relax and feel like yourself. 

When vacation was over I was left with this need to make my life into what I want it to be, not accept what I am given. That's right - I felt all empowered with superhero spirit! What is the ultimate dream I have always had? To be a full time published writer, that's what! To this end I have been working on a novel off and on for years, treating it very much as a learning process. Let's be honest, I had no clue how to do this so learning had to be the first priority.

Sustaining a novel length story is a very different beast that writing a short story!

I am just finishing up a second draft of my novel, a huge accomplishment in itself, but with this feeling of invincibility infusing my actions, I decided to take things a step further. I booked a professional editor for mid March!!!! AAAAAHHHHHH!!!
*Gratuitous funny cat photo to relieve tension and anxiety*

This is putting myself out there in a way I never have before. OMG, I am scared to death. It is an expensive thing, but I decided I just had to figure out a way to pay for it. So, as if what I had done so far wasn't scary enough I STARTED AN INDIEGOGO CAMPAIGN TO PAY FOR IT!!! 
The help I have gotten so far has been amazing. I am so touched by even the donations of $1 that I tear up every time. The words of support from people have been incredible. I am still so scared that I occasionally walk around saying I might barf, but I am also very thankful. Grateful. Blessed.

This is where I ask for help, the hardest part. I am not very good at this and am having to set that part of me aside right now. If you can donate anything at all, know that I am so very appreciative. Even a dollar will help make my dream a reality. If you can't manage that, then every Tweet, every blog, every Facebook share or link is such a huge help. I can't tell you how much I have wanted this all of my life and I wish I were in a situation where asking for help was not needed, but I can't let that get in my way!

Trying to hold on to that Superhero Spirit!

~ Denise

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


 

Layout by Amanda @ Blogger Buster - Graphics by Rowan Tree Design