Vacay Aftermath - Scariest Thing I Have Ever Done!  

Thursday, November 15, 2012

There is a feeling you get after a great vacation, a sense that you can conquer the world. This is especially true when you feel like you have to wear a costume to go to work, and vacation is a time when you can relax and feel like yourself. 

When vacation was over I was left with this need to make my life into what I want it to be, not accept what I am given. That's right - I felt all empowered with superhero spirit! What is the ultimate dream I have always had? To be a full time published writer, that's what! To this end I have been working on a novel off and on for years, treating it very much as a learning process. Let's be honest, I had no clue how to do this so learning had to be the first priority.

Sustaining a novel length story is a very different beast that writing a short story!

I am just finishing up a second draft of my novel, a huge accomplishment in itself, but with this feeling of invincibility infusing my actions, I decided to take things a step further. I booked a professional editor for mid March!!!! AAAAAHHHHHH!!!
*Gratuitous funny cat photo to relieve tension and anxiety*

This is putting myself out there in a way I never have before. OMG, I am scared to death. It is an expensive thing, but I decided I just had to figure out a way to pay for it. So, as if what I had done so far wasn't scary enough I STARTED AN INDIEGOGO CAMPAIGN TO PAY FOR IT!!! 
The help I have gotten so far has been amazing. I am so touched by even the donations of $1 that I tear up every time. The words of support from people have been incredible. I am still so scared that I occasionally walk around saying I might barf, but I am also very thankful. Grateful. Blessed.

This is where I ask for help, the hardest part. I am not very good at this and am having to set that part of me aside right now. If you can donate anything at all, know that I am so very appreciative. Even a dollar will help make my dream a reality. If you can't manage that, then every Tweet, every blog, every Facebook share or link is such a huge help. I can't tell you how much I have wanted this all of my life and I wish I were in a situation where asking for help was not needed, but I can't let that get in my way!

Trying to hold on to that Superhero Spirit!

~ Denise

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


1 comments: to “ Vacay Aftermath - Scariest Thing I Have Ever Done!

  • Milasha
    February 23, 2021 at 10:23 AM  

    Never never let her go. This is what I realized after texting the ladies on SofiaDate. This dating pool in my opinion is unique by its simplicity and effectiveness. There is no clutter, design is simple, it’s easy to navigate the site and swim in the ocean of most stunning Slavic ladies. At first I don’t know who to choose but when the system delivered my matches, I made up my mind. You should definitely try this. beautiful girl

 

Layout by Amanda @ Blogger Buster - Graphics by Rowan Tree Design